Processor may refer to:
* Central processing unit (CPU), the part of a computer that interprets instructions, in case of a multi-core processor it refers to multiple CPU's.
* Microprocessor, a CPU on one chip as part of a microcomputer
* Graphics processing unit (GPU / VPU), a dedicated graphics rendering device for a personal computer or game console
VPU (Visual / Video Processing Unit)
* Physics processing unit (PPU), a dedicated microprocessor designed to handle the calculations of physics
* Digital signal processor, a specialized microprocessor designed specifically for digital signal processing
* Network processor, a microprocessor specifically targeted at the networking application domain
* Front end processor, a helper processor for communication between a host computer and other devices
DEFINITION - A processor is the logic circuitry that responds to and processes the basic instruction that drive a computer.
The term processor has generally replaced the term central processing unit (CPU). The processor in a personal computer or embedded in small devices is often called a MICROPROCESSOR.